Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
Government of India launched RMSA programme with a vision to :
- Provide a secondary school within a reasonable distance of any habitation.
- Ensure universal access of secondary education by 2017
- Provide access to secondary education with special reference to economically weaker section of the society, the educationally backward, the girls and the and the disabled children residing in rural areas and other marginalised categories like SC,ST,OBC and educationally backward minorities.
- Target Age group 14 to 18 years.
The programme was launched in the State during 2009-10. Major activities taken up under RMSA are as follows.
- Upgraded 35 GHS during 2009-10, 67 GHS during 2010-11, 45 GHS during 2011-12 and upgradation of 21 GHS during 2013-14 is under progress.
- 210 Subject Teachers were appointed against 35 GHS. During 2015-16, 533 Subject Teachers are appointed against 111 GHS.
- Construction of 45 GHS is completed.
- Teacher Training, Book Fair, Science Exhibition, Self Defence for Girl student, excursion for students and teachers are some annual activities.
- 5 GHSS is implementing Vocational Education : GHSS Razhukhrie, GHSS Mon, GHSS Mokokchung, GHSS Tuensang and GHSS Dimapur
- 11 Model schools and 11 Girls Hostel was sanctioned by GOI. 5 Model Schools are completed and the remaining is in progress.