Scholarships & Stipends
SCHOLARSHIP & STIPEND UNDER SCHOOL EDUCATION
Currently, Department of School Education is implementing two centrally sponsored scholarship and four state sponsored stipends which are listed below:
Centrally Sponsored Schemes:
- Pre-Matric scholarship for minority students
- Pre-Matric Scholarship belonging to Schedule Tribe Students studying in Class IX and X
## A student can avail CSS scholarship from one source only.
State Sponsored Stipends:
- Children Education Assistance Fund(CEAF)
- Grant for children of Police personnel Killed in encounter while on duty
- Stipend to Students studying at Govt. Hindi Institute Dimapur
- Nagaland Stipend for Girls of Secondary Students
Detailed information and eligibility criteria for each of the schemes are as stated below:
- Pre-Matric scholarship for minority students:- This scheme was initiated during 2012-13 in the state and the Department of school Education is the Nodal agency for implementing the scheme in the state under the ministry of Minority. A table indicating the fund allocated year wise is as given below.
|Sl.No||Year||Physical||Type of application||Amount (Lakhs)|
From 2012-13 to 2014-15 the GOI has sanctioned the amount based on the proposal that was submitted by the Department. However from 2015-16 onwards, the GOI has change the system of selecting beneficiaries as well as payment mode wherein, Student can login to National Scholarship Portal/ Scholarship.gov.in. to apply this scheme.
Eligibility:- Every student belonging to minority community from class 1 to X whose parental income from all source is less than 1.50 lakh per annum can apply this scheme
Mode of payment. Selected students shall credit the scholarship from the ministry through Direct Benefit Transfer mode to the beneficiary’s bank account No.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship belonging to Schedule Tribe Students studying in Class IX and X :- This scheme was implementing from last Financial Year 2015-16 under the ministry of Tribal Affairs. With the directive of the Government of India, the Department disbursed the scholarship through Direct Benefit Transfer to the students, for which the Department in collaboration with the Axis Bank Kohima has credited the amount to the student’s Bank account. Forms for this scheme shall be available from the District Education office and through Head of the Institute from the 3rd week of April.
|Sl.NO||Financial Year||Physical||Rate||Type of application||Amount disburse(in Lakh)||Mode of payment|
|1||2016-17||18780||2250||Offline||422.55||Through Students Account|
|2||2017-18||10715||2250||Offline||241.08||Through Students Account|
- Student should belong to schedule Tribe.
- He/She should not be getting any other centrally funded Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- He/She should be a regular students studying at Govt/ Private Schools recognized by Govt.
- The tenure of scholarship is subject to good conduct and satisfactory progress in studies including promotion from class to class every year.
- Annual income of parents/Guardians from all sources should not exceed Rs. 2 Lakh ( both Fresh & Renewal.)
Application Procedure & Activity Schedule
- Application guideline – Download
- Format for institutions for Pre Matric Scholarship to ST Students Studying in class IX & X Only – download Annexure-I
- Children Education Assistance Fund(CEAF):– This Stipend is State Sponsored scheme which was implemented by the state Govt. from 1992, being launched on children Day in 1990. This scholarship is given to the merit students after conducting the exam by the Directorate of School Education at two stages, Elementary stage at class-5 and secondary stage at class-9. Forms for this exam will available from respective District Education Office or through VEC/WEC in the month of May and June and the exam is conducted in the month of September every year from the previous class Syllabus i.e for class 5 will be from class 4 syllabus. The selected students from Elementary stage will get their scholarship upto class-8 that may be renewed provided the scholar is successful, and subject to his/her good progress record on regularity, good conduct and good academic result. The rate of scholarship is enhanced from time to time. The selected students from secondary stages may be renewed upto Class-10, provided the scholar is successful, and subject to his/her good progress record on (1) Regularity (ii) Good conduct and (iii) good academic result.
|Sl.NO||Financial Year||Physical||Type of Selection||Amount disburse(in Lakh)||Mode of payment|
|1||2013-14||995||Merit Exam||10.35||Through DEO|
|2||2014-15||1022||Merit Exam||10.62||Through DEO|
|3||2015-16||1132||Merit Exam||10.50||Through DEO|
|4||2016-17||1242||Merit Exam||19.56||Through Student Account|
- Grant for children of Police personnel Killed in encounter while on duty. This scheme was implemented Vide O.M NO.FIN/ESTT/5-27/75 Dated 14th Jan’ 1980. The Department has earmark Rs. 1 Lac every year for this purpose from the allocated fund to Scholarship Section under Non-Plan. Since the allocation of amount is less, the Department pay as lump-sum for their admission and school fees for these students till class 10 provided the scholar is successful, and subject to his/her good progress record on (1) Regularity (ii) Good conduct and (iii) good academic result.
|Sl.NO||Financial Year||Physical||Type of application||Amount disburse(in Lakh)||Mode of payment|
|4||2016-17||13||offline||1.6||Through Student Account|
|5||2017-18||12||offline||1.8||Through Student Account|
- Stipend to Students studying at Govt. Hindi Institute Dimapur. The Department has given Stipend to the students studying at Govt. Hindi Institute Dimapur every year from the allocated fund under Scholarship by the State Govt. This is the only scholarship availed by the students studying in this institute, from the year 2015-16 one hundred fifty (150) students studying at this institute are availing this stipend @ Rs. 400 p.m.
|Sl.NO||Financial Year||Physical||@ per month||Amount disburse(in Lakh)||Mode of payment|
|5||2017-18||150||400||4.80||Through Student Account|
- Nagaland Stipend for Girls of Secondary Students: Nagaland Stipend for Girls of Secondary Students is a State Sponsor Scheme for girl students of class IX and X studying at Government High Schools and Government Higher Secondary Schools, belonging to the economically weaker family. This Scholarship was operating under the name Nagaland stipend for secondary students till 2014-15, which included both boys and girls. From the financial year 2015-16 the nomenclature was changed to Nagaland stipend for Girls of Secondary Students to encourage the girl students of the economically weaker family. The Headmaster and Principal of GHS and GHSS can nominate two girls from each class and submit along with the PCR at the end of the academic session, to the Directorate to avail the Stipend.
|Sl.NO||Financial Year||Physical||Type of application||Rate||Amount disburse(in Lakh)||Mode of payment|
|1||2013-14||1172||offline||1000||11.72||Through Principal/ Headmaster|
|2||2014-15||1172||Off line||1000||11.72||Through Principal/ Headmaster|
|3||2015-16||1172||Off line||1000||11.72||Through Principal/ Headmaster|
|4||2016-17||1172||Off line||1000||11.72||Through Principal/ Headmaster|