PM Rashtriya POSHAN MAAH-2022
- Rashtriya POSHAN Maah is celebrated every year during 1st to 30th September by Min. of Women & Child Development with the involvement of Partner Ministries/Departments.
- Every partner Ministry join hands and carry out identified activities to ensure greater participation of common people and mass sensitization towards Nutrition.
- Ministry of Education is a partner Ministry in POSHAN Abhiyaan.
Themes for Rashtriya POSHAN MAAH-2022
To celebrate POSHAN Maah, theme-based activities are conducted across the country throughout the month of September.
This year the main focus is to activate Poshan Panchayats-making the Sarpanch and the Gram Panchayat at the village level as the fulcrum of activities, thus converting Jan Andolan into Jan Bhagidari.
It is envisaged that the Jan Bhagidari for Poshan will be activated through the Gram Panchayat and the various Standing Committees of the Gram Panchayats.
The activities during the month of Sep, 2022 will be centered around the following key themes:-
i) Mahila and Swasthya.
ii) Bacha and Shiksha-Poshanbhi Padhaibhi.
iii) Gender Sensitive Water Conservation and Management.
iv) Traditional Foods for Women and Children in Tribal Areas.
Activities under Rashtriya POSHAN MAAH-2022
• Pledge: POSHAN Pledge to be taken by students in schools during Poshan Maah reflecting the spirit of Bachcha and Shiksha.
• Sensitize regarding nutrition informative years: Group discussions/debates may be organized on the issue of formative years. Banners, slogans, banner may be placed in schools to sensitize the community on “POSHANBHI,PADHAIBHI” and create awareness in the community through appropriate/related indigenous toys.
• Sensitize children in all schools, all grades on nutrition: through organization of Nutrition Fairs/Rallies/NukkadNataks on importance of millets in diet,etc.
• Health and physical well-being: Organize Health and Activity Clubs for Adolescent Girls.
• E-quiz competition: focusing on eating healthy, nutrition awareness etc. to be organized by center through MyGov.
• Nutrition garden: Nutrition gardens may be developed in schools by children.
• Watermanagement: Conduct awareness campaign for students on water management through school activities/Science Fair on water management.
• Disseminate through TV channels: SWAYAM PRABHA channels of Ministry of Education will also telecast programmes on POSHAN Abhiyan during POSHAN MAAH 2022.
• Sensitizing parents through Parent Teacher Meeting (PTMs): These may be held by all school/class teachers with parents with regard to nutrition and its relationship to physical and mental health and well being of the school children.
• Social Audits of PMPOSHAN may be initiated in the month of September by all States and UTs.
• The portion in the NCERT curriculum on nutrition and physical health in all grades may be covered by all schools in the month of September 2022.
- Calendar of activities for the celebration of Poshan Maah during September 2022 have been communicated to all States UTs and ABs.viz., CBSE, KVS and NVS.
- Pledge on ‘Bacha and Shiksha has been prepared and shared with all States UTs ABs.